direkt zum Inhalt springen

direkt zum Hauptnavigationsmenü

Sie sind hier

TU Berlin

Page Content

Financing and housing

studierendenWERK Berlin provides students with disabilities and chronic illnesses information on all questions concerning financing and searching for accommodation.


A general overview of financing your studies using BAföG, loans, work, child benefit, and scholarships is provided by TU Berlin’s Academic Advising Service on the page “Financing” as well as by International Student Counseling.


Prospective students and students at TU Berlin can seek advising from the Counselling service for barrier-free studies (Charlottenburg) and Hardenbergstraße Social Counselling (Charlottenburg).

Advice for financing your studies

BAföG, parental allowance, scholarships, student loans, part-time work, one-off grants to take up studies, one-off grants upon successful completion of studies

Advising on social issues: ALG II/SGB II, child benefit, accommodation allowance, health insurance, change in student status

As well as advising about

Integration assistance - assumption of costs for study-related needs (referred to as integration aid in other federal states), organizing and financing your studies (care, mobility)

You can find contact information as well as other information about the relevant advising offices on the studierendenWERK Berlin website.

You can find a general overview on studying with a disability and different financing options, independent of any university or federal state, on the website put together by the Studying with Disability Information and Advice Centre (IBS). The website also provides information about studying or researching abroad with a disability and additional funding sources that are available.

Housing in Berlin

Accessible accommodation in a studierendenWERK BERLIN dormitory

studierendenWERK BERLIN gives priority to students with a disability or chronic illness when allocating rooms in its dormitories. You must have been admitted or already be enrolled at a Berlin institution of higher education to apply for a room. Applications must be submitted online using the studierendenWERK BERLIN dormitory portal. You can find additional information about renting an accessible apartment on studierendenWERK Berlin’s web page “Barrier-free housing”.

The InfoCenter studi@home can provide advice to applicants and students on all questions concerning housing.

 Other accommodation

On the right hand side of the studierendenWERK BERLIN’s “Housing” website, you will find a list with links to other apartment providers in Berlin.

If you are searching for social housing, you must have a Wohnberechtigungsschein (WBS) certifying your eligibility for such housing. You can request this certificate from the housing office of the borough you live in. You can also be issued a WBS with the additional note “Rollstuhlbenutzerwohnung” (RB), or “apartment for wheelchair users”.


Available wheelchair-accessible apartments in Berlin

The project Mobidat team has spent decades dedicated to accessible life in Berlin. It offers information as well as a special database for wheelchair users looking for an apartment. The database includes available RB apartments throughout Berlin. If interested, please contact the apartment provider or rental agency.

Zusatzinformationen / Extras

Quick Access:

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe