Examples for compensation for disadvantages
- Use of technical aids for examinations (e.g. laptops).
- Use of personal aids in oral examinations (e.g. sign language interpreter).
examination time or additional breaks or a separate room (individual
room) for examinations (e.g. for limited ability to concentrate; for
physical limitations or disabilities; for diabetics who need to check
their blood sugar levels during the examination times; for students
with chronic intestinal illnesses additional or longer use of
- if written, then ...% more writing time for exams until the end of this semester or until the end of bachelor/ master
- possibility to take ... breaks of ... minutes for exams (which take more than 90 / ... min)
- separate room for written assignments, which can be shared by a few other participants
- Written additions to oral examinations or replacing oral examinations with written examinations for students with hearing or speaking impairments, in some cases also for psychologically ill students; oral examination not open to the public; presence of a person the student trusts and/or support from a study assistant, e.g. in the case of speaking disabilities and psychological disorders.
- Oral instead of written exams, e.g. for blind students.
- Consideration of periods of illness or disability-related limitations when calculating the deadline for submitted written papers and/or examination times (extending the deadline for the entire examination period or the length between several exams).
- Deadline extensions, if the examination regulations require students to register for the examination within a set number of semesters, or if proof of a certain number of credit points per semester is required.
- Written papers instead of presentations (e.g. for hearing and speech impairments, concentration disorders, possibly also with an individual discussion about the paper with the instructor).
- Modification of the attendance requirements in courses (e.g. replacement with other work such as an additional paper, replacement with proof of participation in another course on the same topic).
- Modifications of practical examinations, if necessary the use of assistants and additional aids, if necessary by replacement with a theoretical examination, e.g. office internship instead of internship at a construction site for students in wheelchairs.
- Changing registration requirements e.g. when registering for exams.
Zusatzinformationen / Extras
Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe
Copyright TU Berlin 2008