Contents of medical certificate from a specialist doctor
In the case of health restrictions, which are not visible, a specialist certificate must be submitted. The certificate should include:
- The likely duration of the disease
- Medical findings / disease symptoms (understandable for laymen)
- Nature of the impairment resulting from the disease
- At best, a
recommendation of one or more disadvantage compensations and, if
possible, its scope,
- oral instead of written exam
- if written, then ...% more writing time for exams and / or ... breaks of ... minutes for exams (which take more than 90 / ... min)
- separate room for written assignments, which can be shared by a few other participants
- approval of aids in the form of laptop, tablet ...
- Examination day, stamp and signature of the doctor
Medical findings are the basis for the decision of the examination committee.
The symptoms of the disease and the effects on the performance should therefore be described in detail. The diagnosis is not required. It may be appropriate in individual cases if the symptoms of the disease are described at the same time. This should only be done if the patient agrees.
The expected duration of the disease should be described in order to justify whether the impairment will still be present in the coming semesters and for which period the request for compensation is made.
A severely handicapped card is not necessary and is not enough.